Brick City Adventure Park is located in Ocala, Florida, United States. The park’s guided adventures offer a unique experience for visitors, with access to White Cliff Cave and interpretive hikes through the quarry. The park also has a football field with running track, playground, picnic pavilions and a lit multi-purpose field, making it a great place for families and friends to spend time together.
Here’s a breakdown of what awaits you at Brick City Adventure Park:
For the Active:
- Paved Track: Lace up your running shoes and enjoy a refreshing run or invigorating walk on the scenic paved track.
- Multi-purpose Field: Unleash your competitive spirit with a game of soccer, baseball, basketball, or any other sport you fancy on the multi-purpose field.
- Football Field: Hone your skills or simply enjoy a friendly game of football on the dedicated field.
- Hiking/Walking Trails: Explore the natural beauty of the area by embarking on a peaceful hike or leisurely walk through the park’s wooded trails.
- Playground: Let your children’s imaginations run wild on the expansive playground equipped with swings, slides, climbing structures, and more.
- Picnic Pavilion: Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch or gather for a fun family gathering under the spacious picnic pavilion.
- Community Center: Discover a vibrant hub of activities and programs for all ages, including fitness classes, arts and crafts workshops, and special events.
- Restrooms: Conveniently located facilities throughout the park ensure a comfortable and worry-free experience.
For the Dog Lover:
Bring your furry companion along for some outdoor fun! Brick City Adventure Park is dog-friendly, but remember, leashes are required.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected and share your park adventures with friends and family.
- Parking Available: Ample parking ensures easy access and convenience.
- Accessibility: The park is designed to be accessible for visitors of all abilities.
Brick City Adventure Park is located at 1211 SE 22nd Rd, Ocala, FL 34471, USA.
Brick City Park Opening Hours
The Brick City Adventure Park is open from sunrise to sunset every day.
Here are some additional details:
- Sunrise: Approximately 7:00 AM
- Sunset: Approximately 6:00 PM
While the park itself is open during these hours, specific facilities and activities may have different hours. For example:
- Community center: Hours vary depending on programs and events.
- Pavilion rentals: Available during daylight hours.
- Athletic field rentals: Available during specific time slots.
History of Brick City Adventure Park
Brick City Adventure Park boasts a rich history intertwined with the evolution of Ocala, Florida. Here’s a glimpse into its fascinating journey:
Early Days (1917-1991):
In 1917, local architect Hal Reid carved his architectural studio into the limestone quarry at the heart of what is now Brick City Adventure Park. This unique feature, later known as “Reid’s Pit,” became a landmark and a reminder of Ocala’s industrial past.
Transition and Transformation (1991-2008):
In 1991, Marion County purchased the property surrounding the quarry from the St. John Lutheran Church and School, marking the first acquisition with the Pennies for Parks bond referendum. This paved the way for the park’s transformation into a public space.
During this period, the land was primarily used for passive recreation and informal gatherings. The quarry itself remained largely inaccessible, adding an air of mystery and intrigue to the park.
Birth of Brick City Adventure Park (2008-present):
In 2008, Marion County assumed full maintenance responsibility for the park from the City of Ocala. This marked a significant turning point, leading to the park’s official designation as Brick City Adventure Park.
The years that followed witnessed the park’s steady development. Playgrounds, walking trails, picnic pavilions, and other amenities were installed, catering to a diverse range of visitors. Guided tours were also introduced, shedding light on the history of the quarry and the surrounding area.
Brick City Adventure Park has blossomed into a vibrant community hub, offering a plethora of activities and events for all ages. The park’s historical roots are still evident, with the remnants of Reid’s Pit serving as a reminder of its past.
Brick City Park Ticket Prices
Brick City Adventure Park offers free admission to the public during park hours. This allows visitors to enjoy the park’s extensive amenities and facilities without any entrance fees.
However, certain activities and facilities within the park may require separate fees. Here’s a breakdown of the different fees you may encounter:
- Pavilions: Small pavilion rentals start at $25 per hour, while the large pavilion rental begins at $40 per hour. Additional fees may apply for longer rentals or special events.
- Athletic fields: The football field and multi-purpose field are available for rent at an hourly rate. Contact the Marion County Parks and Recreation Department at (352) 671-8560 for specific pricing and availability.
- Community center: The community center can be rented for various events and meetings. Rental rates vary depending on the size of the space and the duration of the reservation.
Programs and Events:
- Community center programs: Some programs held at the community center, such as fitness classes and workshops, may require a registration fee.
- Special events: Events hosted at the park, like the Square Off: The Ultimate Four-Square Battle, may require a ticket purchase for entry.
- Parking: Parking is free at the park.
- Concessions: Food and beverages are available for purchase at the park concession stand. Prices vary depending on the item.
Overall, while admission to Brick City Adventure Park is free, specific activities and facilities may require separate fees. It’s recommended to visit the park website or contact the Marion County Parks and Recreation Department for the latest information on fees and pricing.
Brick City Adventure Park Rides
Unfortunately, Brick City Adventure Park does not have any rides in the traditional sense, like rollercoasters or water slides. However, it offers a variety of other activities and attractions that are sure to provide fun for the whole family. Here are some of the highlights:
- Playground: This expansive playground features a variety of equipment, including swings, slides, climbing structures, and more. It’s a great place for children to run around and burn off energy.
- Multi-purpose field: This field can be used for a variety of sports, including soccer, baseball, and basketball. It’s also a great place to play frisbee or have a picnic.
- Paved track: This 1-mile track is perfect for walking, running, or biking. It’s a great way to get some exercise while enjoying the scenery.
- Hiking/walking trails: There are several trails winding through the park, ranging in difficulty from easy to moderate. These trails are a great way to explore the natural beauty of the area.
- Football field: This field is perfect for playing a game of football or simply kicking around a soccer ball.
- Picnic pavilion: This covered pavilion is a great place to relax and enjoy a picnic lunch. It also has tables and chairs, so you can set up a game of cards or board games.
- Community center: The community center offers a variety of programs and activities for all ages, including fitness classes, arts and crafts workshops, and special events.
Brick City Park Events Schedule
While there is no specific “Brick City Park Events Schedule” as the park itself is open to the public for general use, various events and activities are hosted throughout the year. Here’s some information to help you plan your visit:
- iStroll Ocala Fitness Boot Camp: Join this free bootcamp session every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 9:00 to 10:00 am. Get fit and have fun surrounded by the park’s scenic backdrop
- Square Off: The Ultimate Four-Square Battle: This annual event brings together four-square players from all over the country to compete for the title of champion. The event usually takes place in the spring.
- Kayak & Koffee: Combine exercise with scenic beauty by kayaking through the Ocala National Forest and culminating your adventure with a refreshing cup of coffee. This event typically happens in the fall.
Throughout the year, Brick City Adventure Park hosts various special events, including:
- Family Fun Days: These events feature games, activities, and entertainment for the whole family.
- Arts and Crafts Festivals: Local artists and artisans showcase their work and offer items for sale.
- Live Music Performances: Enjoy the sounds of local musicians while relaxing in the park.
Restaurants Near Brick City Adventure Park
Several restaurants are located within a short driving distance, offering diverse cuisines to cater to all tastes and preferences. Here are a few suggestions:
- Brick City Foods: This classic deli is just a few minutes away and offers delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. Enjoy sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, and more.
- Brick City Southern Kitchen and Whiskey Bar: Indulge in authentic Southern comfort food at this nearby restaurant. Their menu features flavorful dishes like fried chicken, pulled pork, ribs, and more, accompanied by an extensive whiskey selection.
- Mark’s Prime Steakhouse and Seafood: For a special occasion or a sophisticated dining experience, head to Mark’s Prime Steakhouse and Seafood. Savor premium steaks, fresh seafood, and other gourmet dishes in an elegant setting.
- Cantina Tex-Mex & Tequila Bar: Craving Mexican food? Cantina Tex-Mex & Tequila Bar offers a vibrant atmosphere and authentic Mexican cuisine. Enjoy tacos, burritos, fajitas, and other favorites, along with a variety of tequila cocktails.
- Several food trucks frequent the park throughout the week, offering diverse and often unique culinary experiences.
- Grocery stores and convenience stores are also located nearby, allowing you to stock up on snacks and drinks for your picnic or park adventures.
Brick City Park Seasonal Activities
Brick City Adventure Park offers a vibrant tapestry of activities, transforming with the changing seasons. Here’s a glimpse of the unique experiences you can enjoy throughout the year:
- Springtime Picnics: Celebrate the blooming season by spreading a blanket under the park’s spacious pavilions and indulging in delicious picnics with family and friends.
- Nature Explorations: The park’s diverse ecosystems come alive in spring, offering prime opportunities for bird watching, guided hikes, and explorations through the blossoming landscape.
- Festivals and Events: Spring often brings a calendar full of exciting events, including the “Square Off: The Ultimate Four-Square Battle” and community gatherings celebrating the season.
- Summer Fun on the Trails: Explore the park’s network of trails on foot or bike, soaking in the warm sunshine and the refreshing summer breeze.
- Splashing Fun: Pack your swimsuit and enjoy a refreshing dip in the nearby swimming areas, perfect for cooling off on a hot summer day.
- Outdoor Games and Activities: Gather your friends and family for a friendly game of soccer, basketball, or any other sport on the park’s multi-purpose field.
- Summer Camps: Brick City Adventure Park hosts various summer camps, offering children exciting opportunities to learn, play, and connect with nature.
- Fall Foliage Hikes: Embark on a scenic hike through the park and witness the stunning transformation of the landscape as vibrant fall foliage paints the trees.
- Kayak & Koffee: This unique fall event combines an invigorating kayak adventure through the Ocala National Forest with a warm and refreshing cup of coffee, creating a perfect autumnal experience.
- Pumpkin Patch and Hayrides: Embrace the festive spirit by visiting the seasonal pumpkin patch and enjoying a nostalgic hayride around the park.
- Community Bonfires: Gather around a cozy bonfire under the starry night sky, sharing stories, roasting marshmallows, and enjoying the fall season.
- Holiday Lights and Decor: The park transforms into a winter wonderland during the holidays, adorned with festive lights and decorations, creating a magical atmosphere for all ages.
- Family Holiday Events: Enjoy special holiday-themed events, such as gingerbread house decorating contests, caroling sessions, and visits from Santa Claus.
- Birdwatching: Winter brings an influx of migratory birds, making it an ideal time for birdwatching enthusiasts to spot rare species.
- Nature Photography: Capture the breathtaking beauty of the winter landscape, featuring frost-covered trees, serene lakes, and stunning wildlife.
some hotels near Brick City Adventure Park that are under $150 a night:
- Best Western Ocala Park Centre – Straightforward hotel with free WiFi & breakfast, plus an outdoor pool, a hot tub & a gym. Price: US$80 per night.
- avid hotel Ocala Downtown, an IHG Hotel – Price: US$104 per night.
- Comfort Inn Ocala Silver Springs – Unfussy rooms in a straightforward hotel offering free breakfast & a seasonal outdoor pool. Price: US$97 per night.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ocala, FL – Casual hotel featuring complimentary hot breakfast, plus a heated indoor pool & a gym. Price: US$95 per night.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ocala – Brightly decorated modern hotel with an outdoor pool & hot tub, plus free breakfast, parking & WiFi. Price: US$85 per night.
Brick City Adventure Park is a vibrant haven for families, friends, and outdoor enthusiasts. Here’s a glimpse into what visitors are saying about their experiences:
“A hidden gem! We stumbled upon this park and were pleasantly surprised. It has something for everyone, from playgrounds and picnic areas to walking trails and sports fields. We spent the entire day here and had a blast.” – Sarah B.
“Perfect place for a family outing. The kids loved the playgrounds and the open space to run around. We enjoyed the picnic pavilion and the beautiful scenery. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.” – John S.
“A well-maintained park with friendly staff. The trails are clean and well-maintained, and the staff is always helpful and friendly. We love coming here for a walk or bike ride.” – Emily M.
“Great for events! We had a company picnic at the park and it was perfect. The pavilion was spacious and comfortable, and the kids loved the playground. We will definitely be back for future events.” – David P.
“Something for everyone, regardless of age or ability. This park is truly inclusive and accessible. We brought our entire family, including our elderly parents and young children, and everyone had a great time.” – Maria C.
Firewise Nature Camp
The Firewise Nature Camp is a program offered by the Ocala Recreation and Parks Department that teaches children about fire safety and prevention. The camp is held at Brick City Adventure Park and is open to children ages 6-12. It covers a variety of topics, including:
- The importance of fire safety
- How to prevent fires
- What to do in the event of a fire
- The different types of fires
- How to extinguish fires
- Wildfire safety
- First aid
The camp also includes activities such as:
- Nature exploration
- Arts and crafts
The Firewise Nature Camp is a great way for children to learn about fire safety and prevention in a fun and educational environment.
Adventure Park Florida
Adventure Park Florida is located at 5675 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747, United States. It is about 12 miles from Orlando International Airport and 10 miles from Walt Disney World.
Here are the activities offered at Adventure Park Florida:
- Ziplining – Experience the thrill of soaring through the air on a zipline course. There are 7 ziplines ranging from 300 to 1,000 feet long.
- Rock climbing – Challenge yourself to climb a rock wall. There are 3 rock walls of varying difficulty.
- Rope course – Test your balance and agility on a ropes course. There are 3 ropes courses of varying difficulty.
- Treetop Adventure – Take a walk among the trees on a suspended walkway.
- Adventure Tower – Climb to the top of the Adventure Tower for stunning views of the park.
- Lazy River – Relax and float down the lazy river.
- Water slides – Take a ride on one of the park’s water slides.
There are many adventure parks in Florida. Here are a few of the most popular ones:
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure is located at 6000 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819.Universal’s Islands of Adventure in Orlando is home to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, as well as other thrill rides and attractions.This park is home to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, as well as other popular attractions such as the Jurassic Park River Adventure, The Incredible Hulk Coaster, and The Amazing Spider-Man.
- Castaway Cove Adventure Park in Kissimmee is a smaller park with a variety of activities, including a ropes course, ziplining, and a water park.
- The Lift Adventure Park is located at 4445 US-19 N, Hudson, FL 34669. This park is a water park with a variety of water slides, as well as a ropes course and ziplining. The water slides range from mild to thrilling, and the ropes course has different levels of difficulty.
- Gatorland is located at 14501 S Orange Blossom Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744.This park is home to over 2,000 alligators and crocodiles, as well as other animals such as snakes, birds, and monkeys. Visitors can take a guided tour, go on a zipline over the alligator pit, or even hand-feed a baby alligator.
- SkyVenture Orlando is located at 7625 Sinclair Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34747.This park is a skydiving simulator that lets you experience the feeling of freefall without jumping out of a plane. The experience lasts for about 60 seconds and takes place in a vertical wind tunnel.
Caves in Ocala
There is a cave in Brick City Adventure Park in Ocala, Florida. It is called the White Cliff Cave.
- The cave in Ocala was formed by the passage of water through limestone rock.
- The water dissolved the limestone, creating the cave’s passages and formations. The cave is home to a variety of wildlife, including blind crayfish, salamanders, and bats.
- The cave is open for guided tours. The tours are offered by the Brick City Adventure Park.
Some caves in Ocala, Florida:
- Brick City Adventure Park has a guided tour of White Cliff Cave, which is a limestone cave that was once used as an architecture studio.
- Scott Springs Park has several caves, including the Bat Cave, which is home to a colony of bats.
- Oak Creek Caverns is a privately owned cave that is open for tours.
- Rainbow Springs State Park has a cave that is open for scuba diving.
- The Vortex is a former limestone quarry that has been converted into an adventure park with caves and zip lines.
Limrock Cave is a 3-mile long cave located in Jackson County, Alabama. It is the 15th longest cave in Alabama and is known for its large walking passages, beautiful rooms, and impressive formations. The cave is easily accessible via a short five-minute walk from a gravel parking area to the cave entrance. It requires a permit for day exploration and is ideal for beginners so long as they heed warnings about flooding during rainy weather conditions.
The cave was formed by the passage of water through limestone rock. The water dissolved the limestone, creating the cave’s passages and formations. The cave is home to a variety of wildlife, including blind crayfish, salamanders, and bats.
Limrock Cave is a popular spot for cave exploration and spelunking. There are several different tours available, ranging from beginner to advanced. The cave is also a popular spot for photography and birdwatching.
If you are interested in visiting Limrock Cave, you can get a permit from the Alabama Cave Management Association. The association also offers guided tours of the cave.
some things to keep in mind when visiting Limrock Cave:
- The cave is only open for day exploration.
- The cave can be slippery and wet, so it is important to wear appropriate footwear.
- There are some restrictions on what you can bring into the cave, such as food, drinks, and pets.
- It is important to be aware of the cave’s dangers, such as flooding and falling rocks.
Ocala Outdoor Adventure Camp
Ocala Outdoor Adventure Camp (OOAC) in Ocala, Florida.OOAC is a non-profit organization that offers summer camps for kids and teens ages 8-17. The camps focus on outdoor adventure activities, such as:
- Shooting sports
- Whitewater rafting
- Rock climbing
OOAC also offers leadership training programs for high school students.OOAC is a great place for kids and teens to learn new skills, have fun, and make memories that will last a lifetime.
The camps are held at the Ocala National Forest, which is a beautiful and diverse natural environment. The staff at OOAC are experienced and certified instructors who are passionate about teaching kids and teens about the outdoors.
The cost of the camps varies depending on the length of the camp and the activities offered. The cost also includes transportation to and from the camp, food, and lodging.
Quarry adventure park
Quarry Adventure Park is an adventure park located in Menheniot, Cornwall, England. it is an adventure park built within and atop a former rock quarry. It is a family-owned and operated park that offers a variety of activities, including:
- 6 zip lines up to 700 feet long
- 3 climbing walls up to 60 feet tall
- A via ferrata, a climbing route with fixed cables and ladders
- A giant swing that takes you 100 feet up in the air
- A 7-course ropes course
- Paddle boating
The park also has a kid’s area with a smaller zip line, climbing wall, and ropes course.
Adventure Quarry is a great place for families and friends of all ages to have fun and adventure. The park is open year-round, but some activities may be closed during inclement weather..
White city park
They are two separate parks in Ocala, Florida.
- Brick City Adventure Park is located at 1211 SE 22nd Road, Ocala, Florida 34471. It is a 50-acre park that offers a variety of activities, including a guided tour of White Cliff Cave, a low-ropes course, and interpretive hikes.
- White City Park is located at 2081 W Midway Road, Fort Pierce, Florida 34981. It is a 10-acre park with a playground, picnic pavilions, and a walking trail.